A new RDesktop Client update for OS/2 was just recently released, among some fixes and improvements it now includes a new WPS class that will be a gui like front end for the command line. Like this it is a seamless way to connect to a remote host including a login window. First you need to add the path of rdesktop.exe to the path and libpath in config.sys. You also need to add the host name (-n) to the config options on the protocol tab in the rdesktop properties notebook or the login window will silently quit without an error message.
Posts Tagged 'OS/2'
Tags: OS/2, RDesktop 1.8.3, Update, WPS
Tags: 3.1.5, NetDrive, OS/2, SAMBA, SFTP
It has been a while since version 3.1.4 which was released in 2011. NetDrive for OS/2 is now back with the new version 3.1.5, it contains some fixes and extensions for the updated SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) plugin. NetDrive is shareware, this is also true for the new SFTP-Plugin V3.1.5. The Update is free for already registered 3.x program versions.More information can be found on the offical Netdrive page
Tags: 38, 38.8.0, ESR, Firefox, OS/2
An update from 38.2.1 to 38.8.0 (Beta 7) has been released. There has been no major enhancements in the port except security fixes. Changes for this release:
- native printing is disabled
- simple (zip) based setups are not supported
Tags: 1.8.3, NLA, OS/2, RDesktop, RDP, Terminal
It has been a while since the last port of rdesktop had been released. This port is now based on the latest source of rdesktop 1.8.3. It has the following features compared to previous versions:
- Fullscreen mode
- Sound redirection/sharing
- SeamlessRDP mode
- Clipboard redirection (text and images)
- Directories redirection
- Serial devices redirection
What is not correctly working is the CredSSP (NLA) support required for newer RDP protocol support. In case NLA is disabled on the target system the connection works without a problem.
Tags: 10.20.2, 10.202, OS/2, USB driver
This is a new release (02/13/2016) of all base usb drivers for OS/2 and eComstation. It includes the latest fixes for regression present in earlier 10.x releases.
- OS/2 USB driver 10.202: usbdrv202.zip (02/13/2016)
Tags: 38.2.1, 38.6.1, 38.7.0, beta, ESR, Firefox, OS/2
The long awaited Firefox ESR 38 release (38.2.1) is now available after the previous alpha builds in 2015. It took some more time to work on the new fontconfig support and the pango/cairo display engine. The font support and rendering has changed compared to previous versions and thus it requires additional config files and runtime dlls. A newer Cairo version is required for pango, this was ported and is working but printing is currently broken because of this change.
The update to ESR 38.6.1 is already on the way, Mozilla’s next planed update will be ESR 38.7.0.
Changes in this release:
- Switch to original fontconfig for much better font substitution.
- Switch from GPI to Pango for better text layout and rendering. This obsoletes ‘gfx.os2.font.*’ properties and also brings long-awaited support for @font-face (loadable Web fonts).
- Temporarily disable native print driver support which is currently broken.
Tags: 4.1.2, AOO, Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2, OpenOffice, OS/2, release
Bitwiseworks has just released a new Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 for OS/2. This is an update release with several enhancements and fixes. Check the official Release Notes for Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2 for more information, for the OS/2 port check the included readme_aoo.txt.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 for OS/2 is available for the following languanges:
The packaging has changed in this version, every language version is now a base package with the the language pack included, just if you need an additional language then it is required to install the corresponding language pack.
- OS/2 Warp 4 and higher, eComStation 1.x, 2.x
- TCP/IP 4.x stack (32bit)
- about 400MB of free hard disk space
- the session HOME var (SET HOME) needs to be set for user settings
- uclip 0.3.0 (enhanced unicode clipboard), requires libc 0.6.3
- Innotek font engine release 1
- OpenOffice runtime libs (AOO-4120-GA-rpm.wpi)